Tuesday 18 September 2012

Tuesday Shoesday: A Zara Special (with a block heel added extra)

I am a big fan of Zara at the moment, not only do they sell my beloved puffer (which by the way has now changed name to Padded Anorak with Hood? Anorak?! Whatever, it has puff written all over it!), but also their shoe collection contains some real gems.


First up are the Snakeskin Cowboy Ankle Boots £99.99
100% cow leather - so, not snakeskin?! I love these boots. Pair them up with a cute skirt and opaque tights or tuck some skinny jeans into them and head to the saloon pub. 


Studs studs studs. These will glam up any outfit. The peep toe is cute and the studded heel is grungy - a contrast that works well here.

Riding Boot £39.99
Riding boots are a winter essential. They are comfy and warm and again, look good with jeans or tights. These are a good price, although, they are not genuine leather or suede. I like the additional buckle on the back. 



Not entirely winter-proof but they are so cute with the ankle strap. It's good to have a black alternative. 



Not too sure on the specifics of this shoe, as the website only states the 10% cow leather lining. I hope the entire boot is leather but for that price I don't have high hopes! I really like the rich and vintaged colour of this boot! Like the riding boot, I think a biker boot is an essential! Pair with pretty dresses or skirts for a contrast! 




If I could I would, but how can anybody? These are ridiculous, but I love them. I can't comprehend how anybody could possibly walk in these with an 11cm heel, but I imagine Chelsea could! 



Again, if I would I could! The heel looks way more stable but at 12cm it would take me to about 6.5ft! I love the colour contrast and block heel! The block heel seems to be making a comeback at the moment particularly in a lower format...




...check out the lower block of these High Heeled Ballerinas £49.99.  A 2.5cm heel - that's more like it - style plus comfort! Red shoes are always a good way to perk up an outfit and your mood and a block heel adds a refreshing spin on the ballerina pump that quite frankly needed an update!


Here is our beloved style icon Alexa Chung channeling the 60s block heel...


 

...and not to mention Chelsea's fave - Zoeey Deschanel



And let us not, not give credit to the Queen for probably being the greatest advocate of the block heel!

Do you think we would catch Victoria Beckham or Chelsea in a block heeled ballerina? I'm not so sure! More importantly, will you be investing in the block?


Naomi x

No comments:

Post a Comment