Saturday 1 September 2012

Saturday Splurge: Leather Love

I feel like I'm living in a fantasy world as I choose a splurge item!

At the moment I am inspired by all things leather (do you remember the Urban Outfitters Vintage Renewal Leather Shorts in my Wednesday Winners?!).  Leather was a big trend on the AW12 catwalks:


Jean Paul Gaultier, Valentino, Givenchy, Fendi


So when I came across this leather and lace dress combining two of my favourite materials my heart skipped a beat! I am in love! I think the contrast of the delicate lace and the heavy leather really works with the on trend belt merging the two. The pattern on the lace is beautiful and intricate. And the batwing-esque sleeves... ahhh! This dress has fallen from heaven. At £595 it is quite expensive but leather and lace are popular and timeless materials making this dress an investment piece! 

Catherine Deane Lace and Leather Dress at Harvey Nichols £595.00 




I know that this is Saturday Splurge, but I feel like I can't tease you all with a luscious leather item without providing a more affordable option, so to be kind I'm directing you towards Topshop's Ruch Leather Skirt by Boutique in Oxblood £95.00. 




On trend colour + on trend material = vital addition to wardrobe! 

Ok, I can't stop there... why not pair it with this Topshop Lace Collar Top £16...




... try tucking the top into the skirt and adding a chunky belt, like this Topshop Studded Belt £45 (have you noticed that studded accessories are appearing left, right and centre across the AW ranges?)...

...and you've got a Catherine Dean lookalike, albeit slightly less delicate and slightly more grungier!

You're welcome. But don't tell Chelsea!

Naomi 
x






1 comment:

  1. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with long sleeve black maxi dresses.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete