Thursday 30 August 2012

Thursday Three Way: Floral Trousers

Hey Guys

Since this Thursday Three Way is coming to you in what should be the height of the Great British Summer, I thought I'd keep things cheery with some bright and floral trousers courtesy of high street fave Topshop.

Now some of you might be thinking that stepping out donning a pair of floral trousers might be a little too daring and best left to fashionistas such as Oliva Palermo but Who's that girl? says GO FOR IT and I'm here to show you not one, not two but THREE ways to wear these versatile threads.

1. Office Offering

Dressing for the office can be tricky and I guess whether you feel you can wear floral trousers to work will depend on where you work (maybe move on now to outfits 2 and 3 if you're a police officer). I have a pretty relaxed dress code (what does 'smart casual' even mean?) and so feel floral trousers are an ideal way to break away from office grey.



As you can see, this smart Zara blazer keeps the look tailored and office fit. The Topshop shirt is still smart underneath if you want to take the blazer off and the simple Next court shoes are stylish but comfortable enough to wear for a whole day at work. The outfit it completed with an oversized bag in the shape of a classic Mulberry bayswater.

2. Party Pants

For a night out I usually opt for a dress or skirt or possibly even shorts but these floral trousers can also be dressed up for a more party feel - plus it totes saves on fake tanning my pale legs ;-)



A sure fire way to dress up any outfit is the two S's - sparkles and skyscrapers and that's exactly what I've gone for here. These ASOS coral heels have a hidden platform and are super high but pretty comfortable. The embellished top is another ASOS buy and I love the way the geometric pattern contrasts with the florals. Finally, I went for a colour clash and added a purple Miu Miu clutch.

3. Shopping Slacks

Finally, why not pull on a t-shirt and some comfy flats and hit the shops in your floral trousers? I love this Levi's denim jacket over the top of my Sonia by Sonia Rykiel t-shirt. I totes thought I was cool by buying an original Levi's in San Francisco but was very disappointed to see the Made In China label! Sort it out, Levi's!

I also added this colourful Mitzy tote from Mulburry - plenty of room for hiding extra purchases!



I'm not the only who likes to rock a floral pant - check out super stylish Olivia Palermo in hers...



If you love the idea of trying out some floral styles, then get yours here... and don't forget to send us a picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment